There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path

Monday 29 November 2010

Finally I got all the bike-equipment !


Scott shock pump
I now got all the bike-equipment, including two new Scott shock pumps from Torshov Sport Sykkel - thanks a million, Erik! :-) 

All the other stuff I had ordered from Chainreactioncycles.com also arrived safe and sound :)








Crank Brothers Mallet1 pedals
Included were the cleats for my Crank Brothers pedals. I had to order new cleats, because those that came with the pedals had in mysteriously ways disappeared when moving to Malawi, and I had to use my sneakers instead of bike shoes. But now I can use the bike shoes with cleats. Happy now! :-)

Crank Brothers cleats













Camelbak HAW
The new Camelbak HAWG backpack is highly welcome, as the old backpack I used was sticking to my back, warm and sweaty and not very comfortable on long rides. The Camelbak HAWG has a vented back, so it is sort of lifted away from your back, allowing the air to pass between your body and the backpack - it feels so good.






Big Betty





My Schwalbe Big Betty 2.4" tyres, those are supposed to be nice for muddy trails - we'll look into that when the rain starts. They are now fitted on my spare wheels, so I can easily swap between those and the Intense 2,25" System 4 tyres. Unfortunately I got a center lock for the bolt type rotors, so I have to wait for the correct lock rings too arrive. Disappointing!! :-( 

One of my Schwalbe Nobby Nic tyres are damaged and beyond repair, a sharp stone made a cut in the sidewall of the tyre, so that tyre is now history




GoPro HERO HD camera
This is the GoPro Hero HD video camera that I ordered, with helmet mount! Now, that is something I have been waiting for - being able to shoot movie while biking. I tried to do some film shooting with my HTC Desire phone attached to the bike but that was not very successful, a lot of bumping and shaking and the camera not having wide angle lens, the final movie was not exactly "directors best". But now, with the GoPro camera attached to the helmet, the bumps are absorbed by my arms and upper body (yes, I do have a soft, shock-absorbing layer on my upper body, especially around the belly region). My first video can be viewed here.


Nano 9 LED front lights - note: there are TWO!


I sometimes go riding in the late afternoon when the sun is not so hot. I do attempt to be back home before sunset but I do not always succeed. It gets pretty dark here when the sun goes down, and the darkness comes fast. So I got two Nano 9 LED front lights mounted on the handlebar, giving me sufficient light to see the trail even after the sun has set.



The Intense 2,25" System 4 29" tyres for my wife's bike has also been mounted, so now she has no excuse whatsoever for not joining me for a ride in the bush :)


Singletracks, here we come! :-D



No comments:

Post a Comment